Think Twice Before Boiling Water To Heat Up Your Home During Winter. Here’s Why

0 10

Known as the silent killer, carbon monoxide is produced when you burn fuel, which happens when you turn your gas stove on. It does not produce a smell and is also not visible to the naked eye, meaning you won’t be aware if it is being produced. Because of this, it’s better to be safe than sorry and avoid boiling water on the stove for an extended period of time. Side effects of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, dizziness, nausea, weakness, and general confusion. 

If you do decide to boil water on a gas burner and feel any of these symptoms, immediately turn the stove off, open all windows, and leave the room. If you want to heat up water to make a drink, it’s better to use the microwave to do this. Additional methods of keeping a room warm and safe include ensuring your doors and windows are sealed well and always keeping the door shut. Investing in a carbon monoxide sensor can also help to keep you safe.

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.